This page is under construction, just like the BidSmart Estimator version 2.0…
The BidSmart Estimator, version 2.0 is an Excel© workbook. Built using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming, it provides ample functionality for small to medium-sized contractors. It is compatible with Excel versions 2013 through 2019 (Office 365.)
Versions prior to 2.0 were provided to a few organizations as customized applications. Version 2 will be released as a standard prebuilt application with a customizable option, depending on the needs (and location) of the business. Although the Estimator is meant for the building industry, it can also be used for other contracting businesses.
Features of the BidSmart Estimator 2.0
- Task based job estimating with customizable Markups, Profit and Overhead and several other values such as the Labor Rate.
- Ability to track Mileage, Mobilization, Planning and Design and other costs
- Change Order creation (from an existing estimate)
- Invoice creation (from an existing estimate)
- Reporting based on an estimate (with or without subtotaling):
- Details report – Listing of the Estimates task showing several key costs
- Itemized report – Listing of tasks without or without costs
- Scope of Work – A task listing only, exportable to Excel, Word or a PDF file
- Import the Estimate (and other reports) to JPEG file format for inclusion in SMS messages.
- The Estimate and every report are exportable to another Excel workbook, Word or a PDF file
- Import data from other Estimates
- New Estimate Wizard to easily create new estimates based on existing ones or not
- The companion BidSmart Contract (licensed separately) can be filled in via a link with all the pertinent data exported from an Estimate. (The Contract, by nature, is licensed as a customizable document.)
Data Entry made simple…
While inserting data into the Estimate is allowed, input is best achieved by using the various forms. These forms provide greater data validation and feedback to ensure a good estimate is generated.
Using the Estimator is as simple as entering the Description of the Work to be Performed, generally one specific task of many, and adding values to its costs. Costs are then calculated according to user-defined variables, such as Markup, Labor Rate, and Profit Margin. These variables can be entered directly in the workbook’s cells, or through the various Input forms. Using the input forms is the suggested method, as it prevents the user from altering any vital formulas or data, and provides validation so that your entries are usable values.
Easily change the calculation variables…
The BidSmart What if? form allows you to try different Markups, Profit Margins, and other values without changing the Estimate. Once you have massaged the data, you can easily save the new values to the Estimate.
Extensive customization options…
And…of course, there are numerous options to change the way the Estimator looks and works. All these options and preferences are available on one tabbed form.
BidSmart Contract – BS Contract…
The BS Contract is a related Microsoft Word document that is easily linked to any BS Estimate. The contract is also programmed extensively with VBA to both cooperate with the estimate or be used separately. Input is form-driven the same as the Estimator and simple to use. It is licensed separately from the Estimator.
The BidSmart Estimator 2.0 and the BS Contract 1.0 are in late-term development. All the new features have been incorporated. Comprehensive testing and bug squashing are now being performed. Public release dates have not been determined.
For more information, contact the developer.